Lateral Hip & Buttock Pain
Lateral hip and particularly buttock pain can often present diagnostic dilemmas and management challenges. This course examines the various joint-related, soft tissue-related and nerve-related conditions associated with lateral hip and buttock pain, their mechanisms, clinical diagnostic tests and management approaches.
Duration: 6 Hrs
This course aims to
- Clarify definitions and diagnoses of lateral hip and buttock pain
- Explore factors which may influence loads across the lateral hip and buttock and predispose to intra or extra-articular impingement, such as:
- morphological variants (e.g. bony structure, soft tissue – neural relationships)
- adverse soft tissue loading associated with kinematics and neuromotor function (focus on hip abductors and short external rotators).
- Provide an overview of key load management and therapeutic exercise strategies for lateral hip and buttock pain, particular to the patient presentation and associated difficulties with mechanical load transfer.
- Provide an update on scientific evidence for underlying diagnostic and management approaches.